Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Ignorance

In my mortgage job I work with seniors. I love it. Most days are great. Yeah, it takes a ton of patience but I enjoy earning their trust and truly offering a product that makes a world of difference to them. Quite rewarding. A great ministry.

But allow me to vent for just a sec. Ignorance is such a hazard. Such an obstacle. I see it all the time in this biz (any industry could attest to this). You're the expert, you're the one with the knowledge. You have their solution. You're tyring to help. But because of misconceptions or lack of knowledge or fear, they don't listen. They ignore the obvious. They decide to stick with their current situation, no matter how detrimental it may be.

I'm not addressing the art of sales. Realize in this business, as in many sales jobs, your capture rate is around 10%...or much less sometimes. That's a lot of rejection! I guess what I'm trying to say is for those that have been sold on something, bought into it, but then for one of the reasons listed above, decide to back out midway and lose the best...so frustrating.

Hmmmm...brings up something else to consider...I wonder how God feels when we are ignorant? When we don't listen because of misconceptions or fear.

0 comments: