Friday, August 03, 2007

A Serious Question

I've thought this through. I've considered the cost of asking a question like this. I've pondered the effects this might have on me and my family...or even my career. I've determined it's worth the risk. I've decided the answer to this question is a foundational one - that you as a human being may not function wholly without the right answer. It's that important. So here it is. Here's the grand salami. Here's the life altering, only one correct answer QUESTION: Is there a better soft drink than Mountain Dew?

The answer is no.

If you care to differ, please leave a thorough response in the comment section...but be prepared for the debate of your life.

:-)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

the best drink cannot be one that looks like urine.

long live coca cola. it's classic.

Anonymous said...

i have to agree with Michael on this one. you have known me for over 10 years and you know how deep my loyalty is to coke (aka "my medicine). nothing can beat coke classic.:)

Jonathan Sutton said...

Ahh...you've hit on a great point. You may see that as a problem, but think about it. The brilliant scientist at the Mountain Dew lab figured...."Why not just make it the same color going in as going out?!" Further testing determined it increased the sensibility of the taste buds.

Pure rocket science my friend.

Anonymous said...

Although Mountain Dew is good...and it does look like urine...I cannot not see how it is the best. I believe that title would belong to Cheerwine. The most tasty, and cheerful soda in the world.

Jonathan Sutton said...

Frank! Forgive me. How can I forget the days of my youth (college) when you personally introduced me to Cheerwine. (Which even led me to visit a Cheerwine distribution center in the Carolinas...a whole other post.) Please forgive me. The title righfully belongs to Cheerwine..........but hold on......we are but mere mortals. Cheerwine is a drink for the gods and godesses. If we are not careful, and too many people started consuming Cheerwine - that tasty cherry nectar - then chaos could ensue and our lives as we know it could be snuffed out. We must be careful!

So, for now, I must stick with Mountain Dew - the breakfast drink of champions (humanly speaking).

KTP said...

No one has yet been correct, It is not possible for a beverage without "diet" in the title to be the best. Diet coke with lime and diet mountain dew are tied for greatest.