Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Clean & Organized

So the other day I'm at Publix picking up a few groceries - just some snacks to keep at the office. While shopping, I observed how extremely clean and organized their store was - at least the one in Marietta, GA. It got me thinking (yeah, real deep here) about the difference between a Publix and an Ingles...or the difference between Target and Walmart. I realized why I enjoy going into Publix and Target so much more than their competitor. They are clean and they are organized. The fruit is fresh. I can expect things to be fully stocked. Are they as big? Nah. Can I still find everything I need? Of course. Will it take far less time getting in and out? Absolutely. (I must interject here that I don't take great pleasure in having to make these store runs --- there, I protected my masculinity.) But seriously, I don't mind paying 8 cents more for a product if my overall experience is that much better.

And by the way, Publix has good hummus.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But going to Walmart is so much fun. The entertainment is in watching the people in there. Especially in small towns. The local walmart in the town I work in has BIG signs saying "Shirt and Shoes REQUIRED"

Anonymous said...

humus rocks...

if you ever come to Miami, you need to go to Opa... they have great fresh humus...

-mark