Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Wednesday Is Today

+ I could work 90 hours this week and still have stuff to get done. (This is no complaint - I'm in sales! I love being swamped!)

+ Cool thing happened last week at work: A lady had used up all her sick leave recovering from a surgery, so someone in HR sent out a company-wide email asking if anyone wanted to donate a vacation/sick day to her. I think she was in a bind and couldn't really afford any unpaid time off. The response was remarkable! She's probably set for the next couple of months. Some people donated 1/2 of their vacation. That's cool. That's steppin' up. That's unselfish. That's caring. Good stuff.

+ Driving back from being out town this weekend, I couldn't stop thinking about different business ideas. The overwhelming one: I have a ton of good ideas on how to run an extremely profitable, great Truck Leasing Company (Think UHaul, without all the problems.) I have no idea where the thought came from, but it wouldn't leave me alone. Maybe I'll make a few phone calls and try to sell my idea. Or maybe I'll just get back to work and wait til my genius Beanie Baby idea kicks in. (that's a joke in case you missed it.)

+ I've stopped yelling at my neighbor's cats. It used to bug me that they would come over every night and sleep in my driveway. But after realizing that they hunt down and DESTROY rodents (you know, like mice!), they are a welcome visitor.

+ Looking forward to flying out to Dallas this weekend. Texas residents are very proud of their state - like nowhere I've seen before.

+ Have I ever mentioned that having four kids, all under age 6, is a little crazy?

+ If I had time and money right now (and little responsibility): I would take a photography class, an acting class, tour with a drama team, go work for an inner-city ministry for a couple of months, visit California, let Dana get away for 2 straight weeks with nothing but relaxation on the agenda, build an airplane (oh wait, that's weird), go play 8 different disc golf courses over a weekend, and eat a Ruth's Chris steak. If the previous were put in order, I would start with the steak.

0 comments: