Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The God Story (much abbreviated)

I had this long, elaborate post ready to put on the blog...all describing my journey up to this point...and how I've arrived at becoming Family Pastor of OLC. Then I realized I wrote a book. And I never read long posts, so why would I expect you to do the same? So I've cut out 42,617 details and shortened it to a few brief sentences.

Through God's Providence, moved to Cartersville in 2005.
-
Have been involved in ministry (mostly bivocational) for 13 years.
-
A buddy from out of state emailed me b/c he ran across something online mentioning some guy named Michael who was going to plant a church.
-
I met with Michael at Rafferty's the next day.
-
Dana and I became part of the launch team. (Not THIS kind of launch.)
-
At that time, our kids made up 1/2 the children's ministry!
-
We've served and volunteered, mostly in the children's area.
-
Over the past 6 months, God finally got my attention enough to show me why he put Dana and I together - to dedicate our lives in Ministry toward kids. (Only took 8 years of marriage to figure that out!)
-
Never thought I'd have a strong desire to work with kids. Now, I can't get enough of it.
-
I'm very very (as in very) EXCITED about leading this ministry.
-
For the rest of the story, come see me at OLC on Sunday mornings.
(Be sure to arrive at 6am for setup.) :-)

Extras:
Plug for the ministry my wife is involved in. LINK
Spent 4.5 years in THIS city.
I think THIS is funny.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is good stuff! i think you should add me to the list of bloggers you go to church with!

Jonathan Sutton said...

done