Saturday, March 15, 2008

No Waiting in Line

We did something important as a family this week. We divided up! (Thank goodness for great, willing family members to watch some kiddos.) When you have 4 kids, all 6 and under, you MUST occasionally separate em all and do your best to give individual time to each. I knew that it had paid off when I was wrestling with Braden this morning and 3 seconds in to our "1st round", he says, "Hey Dad! I don't have to take turns!"

He recognized and appreciated this individual attention. He knew I wouldn't be saying, "Hey Braden, watch out for the little ones." Free reign. Free to do his super duper flip floppin' high rope action belly buster karate chop DIVE into his Dad. And he could do it without interruption.

It's tough to find these individual moments. But I think it's vitally important. So today, for a few brief hours, there will be no waiting in line.

0 comments: