Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Backseat Turn Around

As we were driving to Logan's end of the year pre-school program at Tabernacle this morning, Kinley was doing something cute to make Camden laugh. So I turned around for a quick glance to see what was going on. I did this a few times, all the while trying to drive, when it hit me. Life is much like this quick glance, this quick turn around. We are trying to catch every moment of our kid's lives. We are trying to savor those cute Kodak moments (which is much better than the normal reason of turning around: "Boys, stop fighting" or "Boys, stop taking off your sister's shoes and throwing them out the window.")

And while we are attempting to capture these family moments, we have to keep looking forward, don't we? We have to keep our eyes on the road. Leading. Teaching. Between the Lines. No crashing. We must go back to our jobs, our other responsibilities. But yet we just want to stay in that moment...cause they come and go so quickly.

So savor each moment. Be sure to even pull over sometimes, just to thank God for your kids and show them how much you care.

1 comments:

Amy said...

Thanks for the encouragement. That's really cool, today while I was cooking supper (dinner to the northern folk) Mike was outside pushing Emma on the swing, I looked out the window and she was just laughing away. I knew I'd be able to step away for a few minutes without the house burning down so I went out there and just like you said, took a quick glance to see and hear how much she was having fun. And I was thinking too, just how precious these little moments are, and they go by soooo fast.