Thursday, May 17, 2007

Downhill

It was nice knowing all of you. Thanks for the memories. Thanks for the friendship. Today is the day. It is all downhill from here.

Back in 77, on this day, I emerged from my mother's womb (only to be dropped on my head seconds later...just a joke, I think...may have happened...that would explain a lot...). So today should be a day of celebration, but OH NO my friend, not even close. It's a day of mourning.

Ok, enough with this. The pic above was taken Monday night at the surprise bday party my wife put together. Total shock. I was clueless. Thanks Dana! You are a great wife and great friend!

Once again, take care.

(Perhaps I'm taking this so hard b/c I realize that one of the implications of turning 30 is I cannot blame immaturity on dumb things that I do now. Prior to today, whenever I did something stupid, I could just simply blame it on only being in my 20's and not knowing any better. But that changes now, right? Somehow this 30 category seems to carry a much heavier responsibility...a burden if you will. Geez...great...now I'm responsible for my actions. What's next? Am I supposed to act grown up now? Oh boy, fun.)



2 comments:

David Isbell said...

Happy B-day man. Great to see you Monday.

Dr.Dan said...

Happy Birthday!!!