Monday, December 31, 2007

Strength Will Rise

We sang "Everlasting God" in church yesterday. I love this song. On a non-deep level, I love the guitar part in the beginning. I love how the drums kick in and the beat is going. But after yesterday, I will never sing this song the same way again.

As I was worshipping, I thought about "strength rising as we wait upon the Lord". My attention immediately went towards a friend I know with cancer. I thought about their struggle and how I desperately want God to heal them...and how I want them to be strengthened as they wait upon His will, His good and perfect and pleasing will. It was also a blunt reminder about how silly our struggles can seem some times. I thought about how important those lyrics are to me right now...but just how much more important they are to my friend.

Lord, may you strengthen those waiting on You today; You are no doubt the defender of the weak and you comfort all in need.

"Everlasting God" by Chris Tomlin

Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord

Our God, You reign forever
Our hope, our Strong Deliverer
You are the everlasting God
The everlasting God
You do not faint
You won't grow weary

Our God, You reign forever
Our hope, our Strong Deliverer
You are the everlasting God
The everlasting God
You do not faint
You won't grow weary

You're the defender of the weak
You comfort those in need
You lift us up on wings like eagles


"...but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:31

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your blog. I found it accidently on Google when looking for the verse. A friend Clive willimott has just gone to glory on 11th May, taken from his suffering from cancer. Your words are an inspiration along with the song and the Word of God.

Regards, roger Chouler. Oxford UK

Anonymous said...

May God bless you for what you are doing for His kingdom. the song Everlating Love has given me new understanding of the true friend we have in our Father. I am goin through several challanges that were gettin the better of me until I heard this song and it truly hit on what i needed to do so that God could take control of the situation.

it also brings new understanding to the phrase i was brought up with.. trust and obey, for there is no other way to be happy in Jesus and in relation a song that has kept playing in my spirit since the whole ordeal started called .. what a friend we have in Jesus (.. oh wat needless pain we bear)