Friday, July 06, 2007

Extraordinary!

I'm pumped about this next year. God has blessed Dana and I with great opportunities. In my prayers this morning I was stuck on the word Extraordinary. We serve a very non-ordinary God. He has used ordinary...no, even lowly, pathetic...people to do extraordinary things. I'm anticipating doing extraordinary things for our King. It's amazing that he involves us in His work.

The new company I work for, Generation Mortgage, is great. I've always enjoyed what I do...but now I'm starting to LOVE what I do. I daily talk with Seniors in need. I'm in the mix with a product and a process that changes their lives. Reverse Mortgages don't always get the positive press, but I'm eyewitness to their impact. And I love dealing with these seniors (though trying as it may be sometimes...patience, yes...lots of patience).

A few of my recent conversations:
* Spoke with a lady who's son was recently diagnosed with Leukemia.
* One lady has less than 6 months to live - lung cancer.
* One gentleman needs more resources to take care of his wife who just had her legs amputated - diabetes.
* We've been able to pull tons of people out of foreclosure.
* Many clients are paying off debts of children/grandchildren (that's a whole different post---don't get me started).
* Fixing up damaged homes

Also, God still has us involved at Oak Leaf Church, working with Kidventure. Talk about God using people in an extraordinary way - tons of people have stepped up and we are reaching kids for Christ at Oak Leaf.

And coming to a GA town near you, KIDs Beach Club. Dana is the Area Director and I'm pumped about this Fall. Churches across this area finally have the tool that links them with their local public schools. God is doing extraordinary things with this ministry and we are pumped to be a part of it.

Fitting in with this theme, the song stuck in my head lately:
Revolutionary Love, David Crowder Band

Desperation leads us here
Leads us here
Illumination meets us here
Meets us here
Revelation brings us here
Brings us here
Restoration frees us here
Frees us here

And I don't want to leave
I don't want to leave this place
No, I don't want to leave
I never want to leave this place

CHORUS
It's so amazing
Your unchanging love
Simply amazing
Never changing love
Love, love revolutionary love

Reparation leads us here
Leads us here
Liberation meets us here
Meets us here
Jubilation brings us here
Brings us here
Higher elevation frees us here
Frees us here

Your revolutionary love
Your revolutionary love, love, love

You're a revolution I want to be
Revolutionary
You're a revolution I want to be
Revolutionary
You're a revolution I want to be
Love, love, love
Revolutionary love

1 comments:

Andrea and Jeff said...

praise the Lord! it is amazing what he has taught you guys and continues to do through you. we can't wait to hear more! have a wonderful summer!