Monday, July 16, 2007

Life Of The Party

"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven.....a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance." Ecclesiastes 3:1&4

3 of my 4 kids were the life of the party this past Saturday. It was on the dance floor of the wedding reception where they unveiled some serious dance moves...or at least attempted to show rhythm. It was quite humorous. No, actually, it was stinkin' hilarious. Braden had some kind of "cool guy" pointing with his fingers thing going on...Kinley just twirled her dress around (like Cinderella she says)...and Logan, being the stud he is, tried to dance with every girl under 4 ft. tall. Keep in mind their ages. 6,4,and almost 3.

Watching them Saturday night, and enjoying being with family all weekend, I thought of the verse above. I thought about the funerals we have been to in the past few years. Or the news of a friend we just received that is now with our Father after battling cancer. And then there's the good times. A time to laugh. And a time to dance.

I think it's important to embrace these seasons. In other words, I was reminded this weekend that having FUN and "kicking back" is a must. Amidst the chaos of 4 kids, helping grow a new ministry, a transition to a new company in my sales job, etc, I'm determined to bring plenty of humor and times of flat-out-fun to our lives. More than just goofing, I'm talking about celebrating life...knowing that other seasons are always just ahead.

0 comments: