Monday, December 11, 2006

Let's Go Duke!

Don't ask me how, cause I don't know. I don't know how a country boy from North Alabama who attended Auburn University ended up being a Duke Bluedevil's Basketball fan...but it happened. I started watching them in high school and continued on into college. Most people around here despise even hearing the word Duke mentioned. And having lived in Louisville, KY for 4.5 years....oh boy, let me tell you. They certainly have their own opinions about Duke. Most comments I hear are along the lines of, "Those stuck-up bunch of spoiled brats..." (not necessarily the team, but the school). And there is probably a certain amount of truth to that statement. But here's why I enjoy watching the Bluedevils: the Cameron Crazies - best student section in college basketball. Oh, and by the way, when Duke loses more games this season (and they will lose quite a few more this year) - don't come talkin smack on my blog. I'm not a crazy, just a wannabee. I don't care that much --- it's not AU football.

3 comments:

Mark Bell said...

Maybe the reason you like Duke Bball is because Auburn's team stinks. This is the same reason a certain Mr. Wynn seems to abandon the Tigers during basketball season as well.

That being said, I do like watching the Cameron Crazies and I got nothing but love for Coach K. I also think Duke will be fine this year, but I prefer Maryland.

Jonathan Sutton said...

Ah, Mr. Bell, your logic seems so right on target...but not so fast my friend. Keep in mind, I started following Duke mainly in college. And when was I at AUburn? 95-99. Football stunk. Basketball was doing great. We won the SEC. We made it to the Sweet Sixteen. We had Chris Porter, Doc Robinson, the dude from Huntsville, and Mamadoo IngI (purposely mispelled). So maybe I bleed Bluedevil Blue more than I think.

gwynn said...

I take offense at that, the reason I am a Kentucky basketball fan is because I grew up watching UK basketball, because that is where all my family is from. Sounds like someone is trying to deflect from the fact that he has a different team that he likes about every 3-4 years. Auburn.....MSU......now Georgia???