Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Props to Aldi

Last week I went grocery shopping at this German based discount food store. Dana had told me about it and so I went and stocked up on a few weeks worth of groceries. Having four kids, we look to cut cost just about everywhere. Dude, props to Aldi! I cut my bill in half. No joke. Off brands? Oh yeah, stuff you never heard of. But until I get sick from whatever it is their selling me, I'm hooked.

Quite a unique experience. You bag your own groceries (bring boxes, they don't give you bags...though you can purchase big plastic bags for 10 cents, paper bags for a nickel...and re-use them) and usually there's only 2 or 3 people working in the store. They never have to bring in buggies from the parking lot because to get a buggy, you pop a quarter in the locking mechanism, to get your quarter back, you return the buggy to the front.

I didn't quite leap for joy like these folks, but I did enjoy the 50% off my grocery bill. Props to Aldi.

If you want to see if they have a location near you, here's their website: LINK

0 comments: