Sunday, January 20, 2008

Special Word

There was a kid today at church asking those he knew (and virtually anyone) to sign his Bible. I had a flashback to high school and the tradition of signing yearbooks...I about got sick when remembering those times. :-) Anywho, some people wrote funny things, and some of course wrote something serious. I put, "You rock (name), Keep Serving Christ, You'll Never Regret It!" This kid and his parents are hard core volunteers in the church. They love serving others and they love Christ and love Oak Leaf.

After writing my little schpill, I stopped and thought about the significance of what I did...and what others had done. I hope one day, years down the road, he can think back to these times and remember the beginning of his journey. I hope some of the notes of encouragement will become reality as he sees and lives God's faithfulness.

So, what special word are you passing on to (your) children today? What are you telling them (living out) that will strengthen their faith and help them desire holy things?

0 comments: