Saturday, July 05, 2008

Catch Up

For all 5 of you who read my blog, sorry for the silence. I've been out of town, around town, up town, in town, downtown, and just plumb busy! But no fear, here is a recap of the last couple of days.

  • Above pic: Braden playing with some army dudes on the kitchen table, after getting back from the pool. Oh, did I mention?: HE PRAYED TO RECEIVE CHRIST Thursday morning, July 3rd! Celebrate! Dana and I could tell God had been working on him...from the questions he was asking, etc. He came to us that morning and said, "I want to ask Jesus in to my life." I'm so thankful to the great volunteers at Oak Leaf and family and everyone who invested in him...and continue to do so.
  • 2 weeks left at Woodland High School, then back to the movie theater. It's a huge challenge prepping for 3 services, but I can't wait! What do I look forward to most? Smacking Satan around as we grow and see lives changed all around us.
  • July 4th at Delinger Park was blazing hot, but tons of fun. We have some volunteers who sacrifice A TON because they love God, love others, and love the vision of the church.
  • Pssst....shhhh.....not too loud.....but college football is getting closer!
  • THIS is a great post from a pastor about helping others.
  • Summer time stinkin' rocks! Outside a ton. Kids at the pool all the time. And losing 10 pounds walking from the office to my car (by sweating).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude I wish I could have seen your son today! Man that is awesome news and reminds me of why I work in the City! Tell that lil man that I am super proud of him!

Kelly Nagel said...

Congratulations! What great news about Braden! I can't wait to see him and give him a big hug.