Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Prayer

I am praying to you because I know you will answer, O God.
Bend down and listen as I pray.
Psalm 17:6

Every Sunday afternoon drive home, I begin to process. I think. I think alot. I say a prayer. I say a thanks. I sometimes focus on how tired I am. I sometimes think about how much I sweated from 5am - 2pm. (I then thank God for clinical strength deodorant.) I think about the highs and lows of the morning. I think about the new families I met. I think about our City Host's doing a terrific job of bringing energy to our elementary kids and how they shared God's love. I think about the worship service, setup crew, staff, incredible volunteers,....ministry.

This past Sunday morning, I was overwhelmed with one thought: The 2 person camel we had walking around the KidVenture Check-In area. Ha, just kidding. What was truly on the brain was PRAYER. The prayers of thousands that prayed for a successful move back to the theater. The prayers of staff and volunteers and family members and other churches. The prayers of 70 year old grandmothers who might not get the "style" of Oak Leaf, but they love Jesus and want others to find Him. Faithful Prayers. Audacious Prayers.

So on the drive home I pondered. I thought about the importance of prayer. I thought about us fasting last Thursday, about us asking God for something that we were incapable of doing ourselves. And I thanked God for answering our prayers.


0 comments: