Sunday, June 08, 2008

Knives?....play on!

The scene: Me and the fam went to a Mexican restaurant last night before going to the Summer Concert Series in downtown C'ville (where we did some serious Baptist dancin'!). Logan, my 5 yr old, was horsin' around with his fork and knife. I asked him to put it down and when I did, my 6 yr old said, "Oh Dad, it's ok if he hurts his hand, there are nurses behind us." We had a good laugh as we turned around and saw three ladies, in scrubs, sitting at the booth directly behind us. After almost spitting my food out from laughter, I first said, "Very observant son." And then I turned and told the nurses the story. They got a good kick out of it and said they were Operating Room nurses...and playing along, one of them said she "could amputate" if necessary.

Hmmm. Alrighty. My dinner didn't quite look the same after that.
:-)

0 comments: