Sunday, June 01, 2008

Servant Leaders Want Others To Succeed

The above was the main point in our Elementary Ministry today, The City. As I prepared throughout this past week, I thought through and prayed through the lesson. And as always, God spoke a great word TO ME through a simple "kid lesson".

Here was the thought for me this week...this is how I felt I should apply this. Churches should want other churches to succeed. I should want other churches to succeed. Local churches. Down the road churches. Out of state churches. Over seas. Everywhere. Ah, but let's say local one more time: local churches. Cause that's the most difficult one for most people. YES, I should wholeheartedly care like crazy about the success of other local churches. I/we/all of us have to move past this competitive junk. This traditional junk. This been around too long in the Bible Belt junk. If we are to profess Unity in Christ and like mindedness in the Great Commission, etc, then we must pray for one another and ask for God's blessing upon one another.

God has given me opportunities over the past several weeks to flesh this out and it's been great. I have several local friends in ministry. I have friends spread throughout GA in ministry. I've felt compelled to pray for them more recently. I've felt compelled to send the occasional text message on a Sunday afternoon..."hey, just drove by your church, hope all went well today..."

Along those lines, I need to be more careful about my comments about other ministries...and yeah, maybe lighten up on my criticism of church signs. :-)

BIG NOTE THOUGH: This doesn't mean we can't still make fun of one another, when warranted. :-)

0 comments: