Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Funny Guy

Sunday night after small group, Dana and I headed down to ATL to see Craig Robinson (Darryl from The Office). We were given free tickets...and I had never been to a comedy show...so why not. It was about what I expected. A little rhonchi and crude at times, but overall a great night of fun. I like to laugh. It's good for the soul. And knowing who he was from the tv show made it pretty cool as well. Comedians (good ones) can hold people's attention for hours. The only reason you start fading is because your face and stomach hurt so much from laughing. I can't imagine what it must feel like for a new comedian on their first night out. Can you imagine the pressure? Could you imagine your nerves? Especially in a comedy club, etc, where you could get booed off the stage or worse yet, nobody laughs...at all. Nightmare.

Having said that, I'm now thinking about a career doing stand-up. Ha, now that's a joke.

0 comments: