Friday, June 08, 2007

Tech Smart, Dawg Heart

I saw the above on a bumper sticker yesterday. For those of you not familiar with the south...or the state of GA...(or perhaps you have been living in a cave)...the driver of the vehicle was letting you know that they ATTENDED Georgia Tech, but their ALLEGIANCE lies with the Georgia Bulldogs. It would be like me saying I'm going to earn my Masters at the University of Alabama but I will always bleed burnt orange and navy blue.

As I do with most everything, I over analyzed the message. I relate it with what I hear tons and tons from ministry people, including myself for the past decade or so. "Well, I do this or that (engineer, landscaping, sales, nursing, construction, etc), but my heart is in ministry. Though this is what I DO most of the time, ON THE SIDE or in my daydreams or in my heart of hearts, I crave ministry.

And I think people like this are in one of the following situations:

A: They need to step out in faith and JUST DO what they feel called to do (in f/t ministry).

or

B: They need to realize that their f/t "vocational" job IS their f/t ministry and they need to focus all their heart and energy on THAT, since that is where God has placed them.

or

C: They are like 78% of Americans who are NOT doing what they went to school for.

or

D: They are in a "holding pattern" while God prepares them for something great.

or

E: None of the above. They are living in a parallel universe. Reality is not what it seems. They are on a different planet, they just don't know it. Aliens will end it all soon.

I think I find myself relating with E more than anything else.
:-)

0 comments: