Friday, June 01, 2007

New

I like new stuff. Today we moved into our new office. It's in Kennesaw, a new area to me. I know of Kennesaw, but now I will get to know it a ton better. And a few days ago, the mortgage company I work for merged with another company. That's something new. Ok, maybe I could just call this change...but back to the new stuff.

I like new stuff. In this new office space we are leasing we have new carpet, new doors, new light fixtures, some new furniture (to keep cost down we kept some of our early 90's furniture...oh boy), new toilets (not sure why I mentioned that one), new neighbors, a new drive to work. I'm a sucker for new. I'm not an antique dude. I like new stuff. I like the smell of new carpet. I've never owned a new car, probably never will...but I like the new car scent.

New is clean. New is sometimes different. But new can be costly, eh? So you have to be careful.

Sidenote...and irrelevant to this post...here's some great versus with the word NEW:

We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life. Romans 6:4

But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code.
Romans 7:6

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! 2 Cor 5:17

He has given me a new song to sing, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see what he has done and be amazed. They will put their trust in the Lord. Psalm 40:3

0 comments: