Wednesday, June 06, 2007

People Driven

My faith in corporate America was renewed yesterday. Ok, maybe that's too strong. How about this: My belief that there are some good companies who actually give a rip about their employees was renewed yesterday. I attended an informal orientation of the new company our mtg division works for now and I was daggum impressed! No fluff. No facade. Straightforward. Genuine.

What I liked best is they were people driven. Sure, they are out to make a profit and grow. Why be in business if you're not?! But, everything centers around serving the customer...and as they put it, "We simply DO NOT hire people who are not friendly, positive, and customer service oriented." They said they cared about their employees and it showed. Matching 401k. Benefits from day 1. And they began paying us before they truly had to. That speaks volumes!

And they just seemed genuine. I'm not perfect at reading people...but I've gotten better at knowing if someone's heart is in to what they are saying. And I got a great feel about this company. Everyone we met had drank the koolaid. Everyone I shook hands with had caught the vision and approached their work with the same philosophy.

Hopefully an encouraging start to something long lasting.

0 comments: